Meet Megan

Welcome!

Let me introduce myself - My name is Megan and I am an avid animal lover.  Over the past 16+ months, I have come to love fostering dogs through Underdog Rescue, MN and decided that we needed to start a blog about the good, bad, funny, and sad experiences that can be had as a foster.  I feel there needs to be a greater education and awareness of these dogs and those that foster them.

I have lived in Minnesota since I was in 6th grade and currently reside in Crystal in my first purchased home.  I enjoy doing housing projects, spending time with my neice, Stella, and going to the dog park with my pooches.
Let me introduce the zoo in which I live in.  My first animal in the zoo is my cat, Tiger.  Tiger came home with me after living a stint in Beijing, China.  Yes, I brought a cat home from China, and no, it is not recommended.  He is a very clever and sneaky cat, and yes, he looks like American cats.



















 The second animal in the zoo is Calvin the beagle/cocker spaniel cross.  Calvin is the alpha leader of the house - not just of the dogs, he runs this house.  I like to say I adopted him from an icky puppy store in WI.  Truth is, I gave the petstore some of my sample products and I found myself driving home with a puppy.  At the time I worked in pet sales and drove all around the midwest selling various pet supplies.  It was a good fit more me after deciding to no longer pursue a career in veterinary medicine, but still had a love for animals.  I had seen so many dogs for sale, but there was something about this little brown love bug that I couldn't walk away from.  Let me also tell you, I lived in an apartment that didn't allow dogs, only my cat, Tiger.  I was soon moving out so I figured I could hide him for a few days ;) Which I did!

The picture above and on the right is the day I got Cal, how could I resist that face?!

The third animal in the zoo is Diesel and he joined the clan in the fall of 2013.  He is a black lab/chow mix at our best guess.  He has some anxiety issues with meeting new people which you will probably hear about in later blogs.  We definitely rescued him from living on the streets in Missouri - I will post his full story in a later blog.


I also have a fish tank that varies in the number and species of fish who reside, depending on if I accidentally kill them or not. Or if Tiger gets to them....

I look forward to sharing more about why I volunteer my time to rescue animals and how it is that I, along with many others, are able to do so and find them all loving homes.  We each have our own story, much like these dogs.  I have know Sam, my best friend, since high school.  Between the two of us, we hope you get a good laugh, decide to volunteer, or offer to help in any way you can!
Sam and Megan graduating from Maple Grove Senior High

Thank you for taking the time to read!

-Megan

Comments

Popular Posts